WP1 - Project Management
- Manage the project effectively, ensuring that all objectives are achieved and all deliverables are prepared on time and within budget.
- Facilitate effective interactions between the Consortium and the REA. Assure the EU will have a clear and accurate vision of project progress and outcomes.
WP2 - User needs and specifications
- Define credible user needs and realistic specifications for the proposed research to be executed, and then tools, products and services to be delivered.
- Define needs and specifications for the EO images exploited by the service for the semi-automatic detection and mapping of event landslides.
WP3 - Site characterization and production of geo-databases
- Select and characterize the project test sites, considering landslide, physiographical, climatic and geographical conditions and diversity.
- Prepare individual geo-databases for the selected test sites, adopting a common framework and methodology.
WP4 - EO data processing & technical developments
- Search and procure satellite imagery necessary to prepare landslide inventory maps and other products and analyses.
- Investigate and perform pre-processing of satellite imagery according to the project specifications, and provide processed images to WP5 and WP6 for image classification and landslide mapping.
- Report shortcomings in the operational activities of the EO service-processing component.
WP5 - Research and tools for triggered event landslide mapping
- Execute innovative research aimed at improving the existing capability of exploiting EO data and technology for the semi-automatic detection and mapping of event landslides, in different physiographical and climatic settings.
- Generate and deliver accurate and high-resolution landslide event, seasonal and multi-temporal landslide inventory maps exploiting VHR and HR satellite optical imagery.
- Advance the present understanding of the statistics of triggered landslides, for landslide hazard and risk assessment, and for vulnerability and impact evaluations, in different physiographic and climatic regions.
- Contribute to define standards and best practices for landslide mapping, including the definition of a scheme for ranking the quality of landslide inventory maps.
WP6 - Research and tools for Preparedness / Prevention & for Recovery / Reconstruction
- Generate and deliver landslide susceptibility maps to assess the spatial probability of landslide occurrence.
- Prepare and deliver products, including SW, for landslide susceptibility modelling, and the construction of landslide susceptibility scenarios.
- Contribute to define standards and best practices for landslide susceptibility modelling and zonations.
- Through Monte-Carlo modelling, prepare and deliver estimates of the potential impact of landslides on transportation networks and built-up areas in support to mitigation and preparedness strategies.
- Through GIS spatial modelling, prepare and deliver accurate assessment of the impact that event landslides have on transportation networks and built-up areas.
- Execute innovative and novel research to improve the existing ability to determine and measure the impact that event landslides can have on transportation networks and built-up areas, in different physiographical, climatic and geographical settings.
WP7 - Tools and products validation
- Validate the event, seasonal and multi-temporal inventory maps in the different study areas.
- Validate the coarse impact forecasts and the high-resolution impact assessments in the different study areas.
- Evaluate the general and the specific performance and quality of the obtained products and the proposed prototype pre-operational service.
WP8 - Sustainability and take up
- Determine the economic sustainability of LAMPRE as a component of a larger (upstream/downstream) service, and encourage its take up by a wide community of users.
- Understand complementarities between LAMPRE, DORIS and other services in the GMES framework.
- Explore the possibility/opportunity to establish landslide thematic or regional clusters based on the adoption of LAMPRE tools and products.
- Protect IPR arising from the project, if any.
WP9 - Dissemination
- Ensure wide and efficient dissemination of the project results.
- Expose selected end-users to the results of the project through specific dissemination activities, including dedicated workshops.
- Promote the project to diverse communities, including education, scientific and technical, industry, CPAs and other potential users, through general outreach activities.
WP10 - Scientific Coordination
- Monitor and control project progress milestones and outputs, project global critical path and take corrective actions, if needed.
- Facilitate effective interactions within the partners, between the project team and the service user(s), with the DORIS downstream service.
- Organize meetings for scientific coordination and monitoring of work-packages (including the participation in scientific decision making bodies such executive committees, scientific advisory boards and steering committees (including travelling related costs).
- Develop and implement research risk management procedures and quality plans.
- Prepare the scientific part of the reports and deliverables to be submitted to the EU.
- Manage conflict resolution relating to technical issues.