LAMPRE produces scientific knowledge advancements on landslide phenomena relevant for the international scientific community and contributing to strenghten the European Reserach Area, and in particular:
LAMPRE addresses different scientific needs, including:
- Understanding the relationship between climate and landslides and development of better models for fast landslides.
- Short-term prediction of landslide activity, including the use of models and GIS.
- Improving regional landslide susceptibility assessment models
- Understanding on vulnerability to landslides
- Investigating and advancing numerical modelling to forecast landslide impact, and to design landslide impact scenarios
- Developing geo-information processing tools for preparedness and for recovery
- Defining standards for production and validation of landslide inventory and susceptibility maps
- Enhancing the operational capacity of Copernicus (ex GMES) core and downstream services